Are you ready to make a difference in your life and in the world? Would you like to join a team of passionate people who are already doing that? At KRYTON International, we are helping the world change by building concrete structures that are not only waterproof, but more durable, efficient and sustainable than ever before. KRYTON is the inventor of the world’s first crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete and we have permanently changed the way concrete structures are built in every corner of the globe. It’s the extraordinary people on our team that have made all the difference and we have proven it by winning the 10 Best Companies to Work For in BC Award 4 years in a row. Maybe you could join our continuing success story.
TECHNICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN – CHINA
A Full-time, permanent position, the Technical Services Technician resides in China and represents Kryton’s Technical Services Department in China (including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan). The primary role of the Technical Services Technician (TST) is to assist customers to properly and successfully execute their construction projects when using Kryton’s product systems. The TST will accomplish this through on-site communications, training, observing, reporting and following up to ensure corrective actions are implemented when required. The TST will also assist various other departments within the company by offering technical support when needed.
The main key result areas for this position include:
- The TSS will train the Technical Service Person’s (TSP) employed by each current and potential Kryton Authorized Distributor (Distributor) by having the TSP visit Beijing for training and also by visiting the local Distributor or Key Customers and conducting training on actual jobsites. The TSS will demonstrate, instruct and evaluate the local TSP.
Provide direct technical support on jobsites
- Review and give direction on project details
- Conduct pre-construction meetings with contractors
- Conduct site inspections during construction and report issues and deficiencies
- Troubleshoot problems and answer questions on site
- Write corrective action reports and communicate with relevant stakeholders as needed
- Provide post-construction inspections and reporting
- Recommend and coordinate remedial waterproofing actions when needed
- Communicate relevant feedback from the field to Kryton as requested
- Ensure proper record keeping occurs
- Only upon the achievement of Responsibilities 1 and 2, the Technical Services Supervisor will be an added support to the growth of Kryton China by providing technical assistance
- Education: University Degree in construction, or related field. Alternative qualifications based on technical knowledge and field experience in a related field will be considered
- Experience: At least 5 years’ working experience on large-scale construction sites and hold 5 years medium grade engineer certification
- A resident of China and based in Central-South China in the provinces of the provinces of Guangdong, Hainan, Henan, Hubei and Hunan
- Knowledge of chemical concrete admixtures is an asset
- Proven experience working in the construction environment or equivalent
- Able to travel freely throughout regions and territories assigned. Must hold valid passport, clean criminal record and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to understand technical drawings and have a good sense of architectural designs
- Must be able to use CAD software
- Must have a good understanding of construction methods and have a good understanding of design standards.
- Must be able to move about the construction site effectively and must be able to lift and carry 26kg.
- Must have good time-management skills and habits; Ability to work unsupervised
- Must be able to manage an application team
- Must be able to travel to other countries when needed. The candidate in the position must willing take long time business travel, at least 60% of total working time.
If you are interested in learning a wide variety of skills that will position you well for future growth with the company and if you are driven to succeed, please email your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to people@KRYTON.com, citing Technical Services Technician – China role in your subject line. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.