Are you ready to make a difference in your life and in the world? Would you like to join a team of passionate people who are already doing that? At KRYTON International, we are helping the world change by building concrete structures that are not only waterproof, but more durable, efficient and sustainable than ever before. KRYTON is the inventor of the world’s first crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete and we have permanently changed the way concrete structures are built in every corner of the globe. It’s the extraordinary people on our team that have made all the difference and we have proven it by winning the 10 Best Companies to Work For in BC Award 4 years in a row. Maybe you could join our continuing success story.
As a member of the KRYTON Team, WE OFFER:
- Profit Sharing
- Attractive Salary
- 100% MSP Coverage
- Extended Medical and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Matched Retirement Plan Contribution
- Sick Leave
- Group Travel Incentive
- Company Sponsored Events
- Team Building Activities
- Fitness Gym
- Free Parking
- Plus more…
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
A Full Time, Permanent position, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, The Maintenance Technician II is responsible for keeping the plant equipment and systems in peak working condition and ensures the building (plant, warehouse and office) is maintained to acceptable standards. The Technician II will liaise with outside services providers and take on miscellaneous tasks under the direction of the Production Supervisor.
The main functions of this job among other duties are:
- Troubleshoot equipment and maintain spares inventories.
- Repair malfunctioning equipment, either directly or arrange to send out equipment or have a service technician repair it.
- Collaborate with and oversee work performed by outside contractors and vendors.
- Maintain a list of qualified suppliers of parts, equipment and maintenance and repair services.
- Make recommendations for capital equipment purchases and replacements.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for all equipment and facility structure as recommended by manufacturer and company guidelines.
- Carry out proactive repairs and upgrades of facilities.
- Arrange disposal of surplus equipment, furniture and obsolete products.
- Provides any necessary support to production when needed.
- Maintain records in a facility environment.
- Carry out other duties as required.
The candidate must be able to work both independently and within a group setting. Must be able to accept instructions from both the Production Lead Hand and the Production Supervisor. Must be able to meet the requirements of the job, in addition to the following specific requirements:
- Experience: At least 5 years’ related experience in a manufacturing environment
- Education: High School Graduate, Maintenance Technician Certificate or C.E.T. an asset. Other related disciplines will be considered.
- Broad variety of maintenance experience, professional accreditation is a definite asset.
- Familiarity with Automated processes, PLC and controls
- Ability to weld, fabricate and repair components
- Able to work independently, with minimum supervision
- Can prioritize importance of repairs
- Takes initiative
- Thinks outside-the-box
- A team player, who can lead by example
- Ability to use MS office tools
- Exposure to as many areas as possible :industrial electrical systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, plumbing motor controls and general building maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair a wide variety of equipment.
- Good oral and written communication skills, ability to work with outside vendors.
- Familiar with Worksafe rules and industrial maintenance standards.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to lift moderate weight and handle physical demands of the job.
JOIN THE KRYTON TEAM:
If you are driven to succeed, please complete your application in our JOB PORTAL. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.