Are you ready to make a difference in your life and in the world? Would you like to join a team of passionate people who are already doing that? At KRYTON International, we are helping the world change by building concrete structures that are not only waterproof, but more durable, efficient and sustainable than ever before. KRYTON is the inventor of the world’s first crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete and we have permanently changed the way concrete structures are built in every corner of the globe. It’s the extraordinary people on our team that have made all the difference and we have proven it by winning the 10 Best Companies to Work For in BC Award 4 years in a row. Maybe you could join our continuing success story.
As a member of the KRYTON Team, WE OFFER:
- Attractive Salary
- 100% MSP Coverage
- Extended Medical and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Matched Retirement Plan Contribution
- Sick Leave
- Group Travel Incentive
- Company Sponsored Events
- Team Building Activities
- Fitness Gym
- Free Parking
- Plus more…
A Full Time position, based in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Controller will manage the financial and managerial accounting function for the Company. As the leader of the Accounting department, the Controller will be in charge of closely monitoring the Company’s financial health. The Controller will maintain, manage and analyze financial statements, payroll, budgets, tax compliance issues among many others. The Controller will supervise our professional team of Accountants and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
The primary responsibilities of this job are:
- Responsible for reviewing the efficient and effective processing of all transactions including Accounts Payable (AP) for all companies by monitoring purchasing activities, direct Accounts Payable processing, control cash disbursements and monitor Accounts Payable performance.
- Responsible for reviewing the effective and efficient processing of Sales and Accounts Receivables for all companies including processing debit and credit memo adjustments, monitoring AR performance, review data entries done by other staff members and provided approval for unusual items, process credit applications, authorize release of orders and ensure monthly reconciliation of AR are completed.
- Manage the computation and payment for global employees and the compilation of payroll information and maintenance of payroll record for the group.
- Supervise the production and distributing of T4 Slips to employees in Canada and complete submission to CRA.
- Maintain adequate payroll resource material for Canada, US, Singapore, Mexico, UK, UAE.
- Review GL including: Inter-company transactions and eliminations, subledger reconciliations, bank reconciliations, recurring entries, foreign exchange revaluations, investment income reconciliations, etc.
- Develop and maintain a documented system of procedures to ensure efficient operation (systems, processes and controls) and accuracy of financial reporting.
- Responsible for organizing and compiling annual budget data that requires working closely with all companies and departments.
- Responsible for production of relevant and timely financial information to Management which requires keeping abreast of stakeholders information requirements.
- Responsible for understanding the Accounting Department Staff’s role and responsibilities which includes Employee Development, supervising and training employees in the department.
- Experience: 5-6 years of full-cycle computerized accounting and all accounting tasks (AR, AP, Payroll, GL, Consolidation including intercompany transactions, foreign exchange, etc.) in a manufacturing and global business environment including experience in a multi-company/subsidiary environment and international business is a must.
- Experience: at least 5 years Management Experience managing and supervising Senior Accountants and Accountants.
- Education: Qualified Accounting Designation is required: CPA (CA, CMA or CGA) designation.
- Experience in an enterprise level ERP System. Experience with Infor Syteline is an asset.
- Well rounded in accounting, specifically having worked in an environment with multiple companies.
- Experience and knowledge of international business operations including accounting, sales processing and/or documentation is an asset.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Customer service orientation. A strong people person is required as this position collaborates with other departments and external parties and supervises a motivated and experienced staff on a daily basis.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office, Internet and Outlook.
- Fluent oral and written communication in English.
- Familiarity with a variety of office equipment.
JOIN THE KRYTON TEAM:
If you are driven to succeed, please complete your application in our JOB PORTAL. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.