Are you ready to make a difference in your life and in the world? Would you like to join a team of passionate people who are already doing that? At KRYTON International, we are helping the world change by building concrete structures that are not only waterproof, but more durable, efficient and sustainable than ever before. KRYTON is the inventor of the world’s first crystalline waterproofing admixture for concrete and we have permanently changed the way concrete structures are built in every corner of the globe. It’s the extraordinary people on our team that have made all the difference and we have proven it by winning the 10 Best Companies to Work For in BC Award 4 years in a row. Maybe you could join our continuing success story.
As a member of the KRYTON Team, WE OFFER:
- Profit Sharing
- Attractive Salary
- 100% MSP Coverage
- Extended Medical and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Retirement Plan – Employer Matching Contributions
- Group Travel Incentive
- Company Sponsored Events
- Team Building Activities
- Free Parking
- Fitness Gym
- Plus more…
A Full Time, Permanent position, based in Vancouver, BC. the Controller will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the company. As Head of the Accounting Group, the Controller will manage and supervise all aspects of accounting from payroll to tax compliance. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
The main responsibilities of this job, among many other duties are:
- Responsible for understanding the Accounting Department Staff’s role and responsibilities, which includes Employee Development, Supervising and training employees in the department.
- Responsible for the efficient and effective processing of Accounts Payable (AP) for all companies by monitoring purchasing activities, direct Accounts Payable processing, control cash disbursements and monitor Accounts Payable performance.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient processing of Accounts Receivables/Sales/Shipping for all companies by processing debit and credit memo adjustments, monitoring AR performance, review data entries done by other staff members and provided approval for unusual items, process credit applications, authorize release of orders and ensure monthly reconciliation of AR are completed.
- Manages the payment for employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation, completing reports, and maintaining records.
- Responsible for distributing annual T4 Slips to employees and complete submission to CRA.
- Maintain adequate payroll resource material for Canada, US, Singapore, Mexico, UK, UAE.
- Review GL to include: Inter-company Accounts, Budget and Forecasting, Contracts, Financial Reporting and Consolidated Review.
- Responsible for organizing budget preparation by obtaining Managers input.
- In coordination with Production, maintain the proper organizational inventory structure of clearly defined authority and responsibility.
- Responsible for communicating meaningful financial information to Management and assessing Information needs.
- Responsible for understanding the over-all operating systems environment – Accounting Platform: Business Works, CRM Platform – Salesforce, Payroll – Easypay, Human Resources- SutiHR; Investment Software – Quickbooks.
- Experience: 5-6 years of full-cycle computerized accounting and all accounting tasks (AR, AP, Payroll, GL, etc.) in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a multi-company/subsidiary environment is an asset.
- Education: Accounting diploma or certificate with designation in process: CPA (CMA or CGA) designation (or near completion) or equivalent education.
- Experience in implementing an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) across an organization would be highly preferred.
- Well rounded in accounting, specifically having worked in an environment with multiple companies.
- Strong knowledge in processing Payroll.
- Knowledge of international accounting, sales processing and/or documentation is an asset.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy. With Payroll responsibilities, an ability to handle confidential information is important.
- Customer service orientation. A strong people person is required, as this position supervises a small amount of staff and interacts with other employees and external contacts.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with Microsoft Office, Internet and Outlook and completion of at least one computerized accounting program. Experience with an ERP-type accounting system is an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication in English.
If you are driven to succeed, please CLICK HERE to complete your application. We thank all applicants, however, only those to be selected for an interview will be contacted.