Krystol Internal Membrane™ (KIM®)
KIM is used in place of externally applied surface membranes to protect against moisture transmission, chemical attack and the corrosion of reinforcing steel. Available in mixer-ready biodegradable bags in custom sizes to match your mix design.
How It Works
Krystol Internal Membrane or KIM is an integral crystalline concrete waterproofing admixture and a PRAH (Permeability Reducing Admixture – Hydrostatic Conditions). When combined with water, KIM’s proprietary chemicals react to form millions of needle-like crystals. These crystals grow and fill the capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete, blocking the flow of water. As time passes and stresses form new cracks, any incoming moisture causes the crystals to reactivate – ensuring continuous waterproofing over the years.
- Lowers the cost of waterproofing
- Helps to shave weeks off of construction schedules
- Reduces the cost of maintenance and repairs
- Increases reliability and quality control
- Increases revenues with a larger building footprint
- Safe for contact with potable water and Certified by NSF to NSF/ANSI Standard 61 Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects
- Winner of the Most Innovative Product Award at World of Concrete in 2003
How To Buy
World of Applications
KIM is recommended for all concrete that will be subject to water pressure and can be used in precast, cast-in-place and shotcrete applications.
- Below grade parking
- Sewage plants
- Swimming pools
- Foundation walls
- Water containment tanks