Hydrostop Sealer is a high-performance penetrating sealer used by itself to protect concrete, brick, mortar and masonry from the damaging effects of water intrusion.
Hydrostop Sealer is a clear, water-based liquid that is sprayed or rolled onto horizontal or vertical surfaces. It does not affect appearance or breathability, and will not wear, fade, yellow, crack or peel.
Hydrostop Sealer contains a unique blend of silane and siloxane compounds that chemically react with silicates below the surface of the substrate to form an insoluble, water-repellent barrier.
Features & Benefits
- Is cost-effective and outlasts other sealers
- Provides excellent water repellency and keeps water out of your structure
- Does not change the appearance of the surface
- Works as a chloride screen to protect against damage from de-icing salts, sea water, etc.
- Helps to protect reinforcing steel from corrosion
- Resists acid rain and other chemicals
- Helps to prevent freeze or thaw damage
- Resists mildew and moss formation, rust stains and efflorescence
- Requires no special tools to apply
- Can be used for outdoor or indoor and enclosed applications with minimal odour
- Any masonry surface made from concrete, brick, mortar, grout, tile, terra-cotta, plaster, stone, and limestone
- Bridge decks and supports
- Parking structures
- Concrete, block or brick walls and chimneys
- Driveways, including exposed aggregate
- Sidewalks, patios, balconies, steps
- Concrete pavers and retaining walls
- Marine floats and docks
- Concrete roof tiles and unglazed floor tiles
|Appearance||Milky white liquid, dries clear|
|Density g/cm³ (lb. /cu. in.)||1 (0.036)|
|VOC||< 20 g/L (including water, California and OTC States), EU (w/w) < 2%|
|Water Absorption (Fed Spec SS-W-110-C)||0.3%|
|Water Absorption Reduction (NCHRP 244, Series II)||72%|
|Water Penetration Reduction Under ‘Wind Driven Rain’ (ASTM E514)||89%|
|Chloride Intrusion Reduction (NCHRP 244, Series II)||76%|
|Accelerated Weathering Reduction in Soluble Chloride (NCHRP 244, Series IV)||90%|
Before using this product, refer to Application Instruction 7.11 — Sealing Above Grade Concrete & Masonry.
Apply Hydrostop with a low pressure sprayer while the surface temperature is above 4 °C (40 °F) and remains above 4 °C (40 °F) for a minimum of 24 hours. Apply at the recommended rates of coverage
- 7.4 m²/L (300 sq. ft./gal.) dense concrete
- 5.9 m²/L (240 sq. ft./gal.) normal concrete
- 5.0 m²/L (200 sq. ft./gal.) concrete block
- 3.7 m²/L (150 sq. ft./gal.) split faced concrete
- 2.5 m²/L (100 sq. ft./gal.) red brick
- Not effective on non-silica substrates such as wood, vinyl, asphalt, metals and painted or sealed surfaces
- Maximum water resistance will be attained once the chemical reaction is complete, typically 4-7 days
- Limited repellency to oil
- Not recommended for constant immersion
- Overcoating with water-based paints or sealers is not recommended
Read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for this product. For professional use only. This product may irritate eyes, skin and the respiratory tract. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. Avoid breathing mist. Wear long sleeves, safety goggles and impervious gloves.
Hydrostop Sealer is available in 18.9 L (5 US gal.) pails and 208 L (55 US gal.) drums.
When stored between 4°C – 38°C (39°F – 100°F), Hydrostop has a shelf life of at least 2 years in unopened containers. Do not allow the product to freeze.
Kryton International Inc. (Kryton) warrants that Kryton products are free from manufacturing defects and comply with the specifications given in their respective technical data sheet. Because conditions of use, such as site conditions, surface preparations, workmanship, concrete ingredients, weather, structural issues and other factors are beyond the control of Kryton, no warranty can be given as to the results of use. Purchaser agrees to seek the advice of qualified professionals and to determine for themselves the suitability of the products for their intended purpose and assumes all risks. Purchaser’s sole remedy is limited to replacement of any product proven defective or at Kryton’s option refund of the purchase price paid. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONTAINS THE ENTIRE OBLIGATION OF KRYTON. NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, SHALL APPLY INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KRYTON SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. No representative of Kryton has the authority to make any representations or provision except as stated herein. Kryton reserves the right to change the properties of its products without notice.