Krystol Waterstop Treatment™
Krystol Waterstop System
Krystol Waterstop Treatment is a cementitious crystalline slurry that is applied to horizontal and vertical construction joints to provide additional waterproofing protection, and protect rebar from corrosion.
Krystol Waterstop Treatment is used in conjunction with Krystol Waterstop Grout and/or Krytonite, as part of the Krystol Waterstop System, wherever water penetration through static concrete-to-concrete joints is a concern. Krystol Waterstop Treatment can also be used by itself as a dampproofing treatment.
How It Works
Krystol Waterstop Treatment contains Krystol technology. When applied to concrete, Krystol chemically reacts with water and un-hydrated cement particles to form insoluble needle-shaped crystals that fill capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete and block the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Any moisture introduced over the lifespan of the concrete will initiate crystallization, ensuring permanent waterproofing protection.
- Easy to install
- Provides a permanent waterstop treatment as part of the Krystol Waterstop System
- Durable; resistant to rain and foot traffic once hardened
- Safe for contact with potable water; certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 61
- Easy to inspect; distinctive yellow color increases reliability and quality control
World of Applications
Use Kryton’s joint waterproofing system to waterproof and protect:
- Static concrete-to-concrete joints where there is any concern regarding water penetration
- Preplanned and unintended shotcrete cold joints
- Crack control joints
Find a Distributor