Krystol Broadcast is a dry shake crystalline waterproofing treatment that transforms new flatwork concrete into a permanent waterproofing barrier.
Krystol Broadcast is troweled in during the final finishing to become an integral part of the concrete that replaces the need for conventional membrane waterproofing systems. Krystol Broadcast features a unique fugitive dye to ensure uniform distribution and produces a smooth finish suitable for non-air entrained slabs.
How It Works
Krystol Broadcast contains Krystol technology. When applied to concrete, Krystol chemically reacts with water and un-hydrated cement particles to form needle-shaped crystals that fill capillary pores and micro-cracks in the concrete and permanently block the pathways for water and waterborne contaminants. Any moisture introduced over the lifespan of the concrete will initiate crystallization, ensuring permanent waterproofing protection.
- Permanently waterproofs the concrete
- Withstands extreme hydrostatic pressure
- Protects reinforcing steel against corrosion
- Self-seals minor cracking
- Fugitive dye coloring ensures uniform distribution
- Can be used as a wear surface
- Reaches well below the surface and is not destroyed by surface wear or abrasion
- Finished concrete may be painted or covered with any floor finish as usual
World of Applications
Krystol Broadcast produces a smooth finished floor best suited for use on thick concrete slabs that will be power-trowelled. Applications include:
- Slabs on-grade, below grade or elevated
- Parking & Marine structures
- Water treatment plants
- Warehouse & Commercial floors
Find a Distributor